Increase motorway safety and efficiency with smart management. Introduction:
In order to increase road safety, FANAP designed and produced the Integrated Motorway Solution. FANAP’s system increases road safety and efficiency by gathering all traffic data from the motorists, motorways, and weather into a central traffic management hub. This solution consists of a four-level system:
1st- Gathering field data, including:
Traffic flow, count and classification Weight in motion Speed violations Road weather conditions Incident detection Electronic toll collections and transactions
2nd - Traffic Management Center
Observe and mange motorways with online and real-time data in a central location. Automatic alarms for incidents, violations, detrimental congestion and harsh weather conditions.
Electronic traffic signage controlled by the Traffic Management Center can display messages, legal speed limits, and warnings to assist the smooth handling of incidents and flow of traffic.
4th - Electrical Toll Collection:
FANAP’s Motorway Integration System can handle several types of toll collection: manual to electronic, video tolling via tags, and e-wallet and debit card transactions.
- Traffic management center
- Measurement of average and instantaneous speed
- Electronic toll collection
- Vehicle counter and classification
- Weight calculation of moving vehicles
- Road weather and condition information
- Vehicle height violation detection
- Documentation for legal enforcement
- Signage over electronic billboards, mobile applications and multimedia
- Video surveillance
- Automatic incident detection
- Real-time data management
- Reduced incidents and fatalities
- Reduced cost and increased effectiveness for monitoring and control
- Reduced travel time and raised average travel speed